2 things: Inspired by Jayesslee and United to Bless

Hi...

I think this is going to be a looooongggg blog, haha... well, there are 2 things that I want to share today. Actually my feeling is quite mix at the moment, happy but at the same time feeling a little bit disappointed and sad.

Yesterday (26 May 2012) I went to Jayesslee concert in Melbourne. If you do not know who Jayesslee is, basically they are twins who inspire me a lot in terms of music and character, so if you want to find out more about them, you can find them in Youtube, cos they are Utuber.. haha (not funny).

Initially I feel bad a little bit becos I couldnot help our church United to Bless' event decoration yesterday cos I went to Jayesslee concert. I was totally feeling not very good about it ( you know how it feels for someone whose love language is acts of service like me, haha). However, I would say that I didnt regret at all going to Jayesslee concert cos I was trully inspired by them.

I was inspired by their ministry. Honestly, the concert was not a churchy concert at all even though it was situated at Planetshakers' church but they are not ashamed to share about God in the concert. Imagine, there were about 1000 people who attended the concert, and for sure majority are not Christian, but Jayesslee gave testimony about how they become Christian through their difficulties of losing a mother by breast cancer at their early teenage lives.
When I look at them and then look at myself, I feel so ashamed! How many times have I failed to talk about God when people ask me about my belief? How many times have I restrict myself to share about God to those unbelivers? How many times have I deny God unconsciously? Well... I really feel so sinful and ashamed of myself as a Christian. I feel that a lot of times I have failed as one of Christ's followers. their testimony really2 inspire me to share the gospel and not to be afraid of what people think of. They also inspire me to serve God with my life. I mean, look at them, they are now very famous, they travel around the world for their concerts, yet they are still very humble and they dont use this opportunity to earn money for themselves but they take this as an opportunity to let the world know about God.

One of the things that I noticed was the songs that they sang, mostly they were the songs that are encouraging and inspiring instead of emo songs, or worldly songs that we listen to on the radio everyday. In that concert, they even sang 3 or 4 Christian's songs. I was really amazed at their faith. Hopefully, through them I can really learn how to live for God and to give my all back to His glory.

1 Peter 3: 15 but in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. always be prepared to give answer to everyone who asks you to give the rease for the hope that you have. ...

United to Bless
Unconsciously, my church has been established for 7 years. United to Bless is our 7th anniversary celebration. As I have mentioned before (not sure if I mentioned or not but anyway...), I am the sponsorship and fundraising coordinator together with Raquel. We have used our blood, sweat, and energy (just kidding) to raise large amount of money, hahah.. nooo... of course that was not because of us, but by the grace of God we can raise enough money for this event. Seriously if you ask me how we obtained so much money , I have no idea, hahhaa... it was trully a miracle, but I am also very very thankful for all the support from every members of our church. Each and everyone of the church members, whether they are one of the organisers in the event or not, they have contributed in one way or another for this event. I have learnt so much from each and everyone from them and often I feel ashamed of myself that a lot of times I havent given my best for it. Just to give you an example, we have fundraising at church, selling food every sunday , people pre order and then they get the food the next day. know what, a lot of them actually dont really like the food sometimes, yet they still buy because they want to support the church with the money that they have. Another example, one of the members who recently owns a printing shop was willing to print out the posters and booklet for free! and then one of the organisers was willing to pay half the amount of money for making tshirts and another organiser paid for the team's meal. Literally my jaw dropped just looking at their sacrifice! that is what I call a Christian. In the bible it says : Just as Christ has sacrificed their life for us, we also need to sacrifice our life for one another. I really see this in my church and that makes me love each and everyone more and more, I am trully blessed to have known people like them =) they spent hours and hours doing the decoration, travelling the whole city to find the tools and equipments for decoration, spending precious time choreographing for dance, spending few days' time to make a two layer cake, travelling melbourne every single day delivering catering, meeting every thursday, and so many more !! do u feel how I feel ?


that leads to my next sharing, I was actually a little bit disappointed with the outcome of the event. We did not reach the target for the number of people who attended this event, it was way more that what we expected, and honestly I am sad... I mean, look at their sacrifice.. I was angry at God for letting this happened initially, but again, to think about it again, it is not God's fault yet I am still sad and disappointed. I believe that there is a reason behind everything and I believe in Romans 8: 28 that says and in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him who have been called according to His purpose. thus, I believe that this outcome is for our own good, but now... I just want to be still and know why this is happening.. I want to search the truth from God. well..this is how I feel at the moment, sorry if my sharing is a little bit jumbled up , this is what happened when I feel kinda sad.

Even though in term of numbers it wasnt a successful event, in term of quality, it is indeed a successful event. me myself and I! have been blessed so much by the event. I have learnt so many things about
 serving God,sharing, leaning on God,fellowship, and be a blessing to others. I hope through this event people may come to know Operation Stitches(find out more on www.stitches.org.au), not just know but encouraged to participate in it and bless all the unfortunate children by material or time through volunteering. we have been very blessed by God and I believe that blessing we receive should not just stop on us but it should keep on flowing in our lives. We have been fortunate to be born in a good family and it's time for us to know how to give back to God by blessing the needy, the weak, the sick and the unfortunate.



All glory to Him,
Orange girl =)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)