Grateful (part 1)

Taking things for granted has been one of my greatest sins. It is so easy for me to complain, be jealous, envy and never satisfy. When i realise that this has been so rooted in me, it grieves me and i was put into shame.

One of the things that i take for granted is my family. I rarely thank God for the family that i have, not realising that they are the best family that i can ever dream of

I have the best dad in the world
Literally... I could not ask for more. I have shared about my dad previously.
This dad of mine, he is the most sacrificial dad i have ever known. He never complains about having 3 kids that always want this and that. He is my superhero, i cant count how many times i crashed into someone's else car while i was driving in indo, and when i had to deal with them, my dad is just as far as a phone car. No matter where he is he will fly all the way to the accident location and saved me. When he reached there, the first thing he did was stand by my side and protect me though i maybe the guilty party. When we reached home, he never get mad at me or threaten me to not drive anymore. He would jst ask me to be more careful next time.
Dad is the provider. He provides beyond money. I never had to fill the gas of my car or wash my car cos dad did dad by himself. When we were little and nagged for a play station, dad said no initially, but after another nagging or two, he would secretly go get one for us.
Dad never brags nor takes any credit for himself. He never verbally asks us to learn from him, he acts more than he talks. I really admire him
We all used to sleep in one room. When i was sicked, i make lots of noise which me myself even thought very annoying. Dad never asked me to shut up even though his sleep was disturbed.
Dad would buy me all the food that i like the day i reach home for holiday after i came to melbourne to study. He knows me so well.
Dad lives very low profile. He could use the same mobile for 7 years till it actually broke. He drove the same car for 15 yrs and never complains nor compare. You can see that he is contented with what he has and rarely demands more, which is very different from mom. Haha.
There is so much more than i can tell about my dad and words can express how blessed i am to have a dad like him.

I have a very unique mom. I should say she is the luckiest mom in the world.
She is a fulltime business woman.She never has to take care of us to go to school nor when we were sick bcos i have 4 aunties working at home who looked after us
I never saw mom cook nor ever saw her holding a knife cutting something (not even washing vege)
She never has to worry about what we eat or what menu for the day cos my aunties prepare all. She never even have to worry abt not being able to go to work when we were sick bcos my aunties work from home
Mom is very ambitious. She has experienced tough life since she was little. I can recite her "fairy tale" childhood to u (if u wish) just becos i have listened to it heaps of time. It is the typical chinese parents' advice such as have to save money, work hard, study hard, be good to parents, etc. U know. Haha..my mom is a very smart lady, she started everything from zero and now she is very successful in terms of career. I inherited a lot of my mom genes. Not very tall, alergic to dust, love mani pedi cosmetics makeup stuff, care about how i look, sharp,  very quick to pick up things and love aerobics haha. Though id like to be more like dad unfortunately my life has been influenced more by my mom. I used to dislike mom cos for me mom is too business minded. She didnt take care of us as how a mom should be like such as sharing with each other, taking care of us when we r sick, etc. Thats why i quarrel a lot with my mom. No one else in the family quarreled with my mom as often as me. N truthfully i didnt love mom at all till i went to melbourne. Thats when i realise that all she did was just being a mom, just in another way... Not like the moms usually.if it wasnt her hard work, i wont have my bachelor degree from melb uni, nice clothes to wear and i guess comfy life here. From then onwards, i start to love my mom and start to understand why she behaves that way. I shouldnt compare my mom with other moms.

Then i have my little sister
She is just so different from me. We are like opposite. Art vs science. Quiet vs noisy. Animal lover vs animal hater. Tall vs short. Gamer vs reader. Dislike tofu vs love tofu to the max. Flower planter vs ignorant abt environment. Etc, etc, basically there are more of differences than similarities. Thats why we fight alot..since we were little. But no matter how often we fight, we are always on each others' side. I remember when i was little,  i used to hate eating ( so ironic compares to now), and my aunties will try to scare me by grabbing me and throw me outside the road. When that happened, jes will come and help me. She even used her most used tactics, that is biting my auntie's hand so that she will let me go. I still remember it clearly.haha.. We have many many funny moments together and i should say my childhood was full of happiness.. I also recalled both of us being fans of these two kids chinese singers who always sang chinese new year song. Every afternoon we would play the video on the tv and then stood in front of it mimicking the singers. We always ended up fighting though bcos one of the  singers is prettier than the other and we fought to get the role of being the prettier one. XD. Jes has changed a lot though, she is no longer the little obedient sister anymore, nowadays she is more rebelious. Maybe she has had enough of my tyranny. Lol.

My little brother!!
First of all, he is very timid. Haha. He doesnt dare to hop onto any type of rides at all. What a shame for a guy. He is 7 yrs younger than me so he is literally my lil bro. I left him to melb when he was 10 so i didnt have much childhood memories with him. He was always full of stories, since lil he will stand on chairs when mom n dad were eating in the living room and tell stories, never run out of stories. He also has a smiley face so though he is not smiling, whenever he talks it always feels as if he is smiling. He is such a joy spreader. He is also the spoiled one and nothing gets in his way. He knows well how to win my dad's heart and my dad will happily buy him anything he asked for. I rmmbr there was a time when i was doing manicure with jes and there was my lil bro as well. Before i got the chance to put nail polish on his fingers, dad already scolded me. That was very serious and i still vividly rmmbr it..lol. Dad really protects him.
My worry was that he would grow up to be avery spoiled kid so i did pray a lot for him to be a responsible, mature,  a man after God's own heart and i could see that God really shapes him slowly.

My other "moms" a.k.a aunties
I have 4 aunties and they are really like my moms. Reasons being i spent the most time with them and they nurture just as how a mom nurtures her children.
My first auntie passed away about 4 yrs ago. She is the most different from all the others. The way she shows love is by annoying people.haha. Really, im not joking. On sunday mornings, she would come into my room around 730+ to wake us up, i got really pissed off everytime. She would also keep on asking you questions that were obvious. And she is the most rebellious of all and the trouble maker. Nevertheless, i know she really loves us. She knows the food i love and will deliberately buy them home. Though she didnt work as much as the others, though she didnt have a lot of savings, she would bring us to department stores and let us choose the toys we want. I feel bad to think about how much we have costed her. One of my regrets was that i didnt treat her any better and show her my love.. If only i knew she didnt have much time left... I would have spent more time with her

Next is my second auntie. She is the most generous out of all. She gave me a lot of pocket money when i was little and she also doesnt think twice when it comes to buying food that i love. She used to bring me from time to time to this stationary store that i love so much when im young. I would buy expensive pens and pencils ( at that time even 2 dollars is considered expensive. Lol). She also does most of the cooking and will rarely say no to what i want. In fact she is the only who offers this and that to me. Its such an irony, i think its called reverse psychology, with her whenever she offers sth i will always say no but with mom, i will nag and nag for this and that cos i know mom wont give me. Haha. This auntie is very good with embroidery. She used to stitch all the cartoons on my pillows and bolster. Even on our pyjamas. She is very busy bcos she works as a taylor yet for her we come first. She will squeeze in her busy schedule to make the time to cook, take care of us, bring us to the market, go to the restaurants to get the takeaway that we love. Contd..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)