Learning to trust the Lord

Okayy..... i guess it's time to update what's going on


so much had happened and one of the major things that happened was my family (mom , dad and bro) came on 23 June and I went to Hillsong 2012. Honestly it has been so crazy and there have been so many ups and downs. 

The one thing that i wish I can rewind is that when my parents were here, I wish I had more courage to ask them to go to church with me. I didnt have the courage to do so, it was definitely a turmoil. I have been going to church every sundays, been going to bible study every monday, prayer night every tuesday, cell group on fridays, but how come when it comes to exercising my faith, it seems so hard?? I didnt fail just this, but I guess I have failed in so many areas of my life. My greatest concern is about witnessing my faith to other people and the hardest is to my own family member. I am not in a position to give a reason why I fail to do so cos everything is indeed my fault. I feel like I am "Peter". I am "Peter" when it comes to witnessing Jesus in my life. It is funny how it is so easy to laugh at Peter when I read about him denying about knowing Jesus for 3 times in the bible, yet in my life I have constantly denying Jesus. Yet if it wasnt because of God's grace I wont be here anymore, I would have been burnt or thrown into the deepest level of hell because of the sin that I constantly commit. 

Hillsong conference was indeed "heaven" for me. I really experienced God when I was there and how I wish everyday is "Hillsong" day. I could freely pray to God, worshipping and praising Him while I was there, but again, when I am back here in Melbourne, it feels so hard to even to pray. So many things have been going on, I need to deal with my visa problems, looking for houses, discussing with broker, and think about whether I should move to regional areas just so that I can get PR, plus so much pressure from mom, arghh.... it's really driving me crazy... I am totally in a grey area. When I say grey area, it means I am totally in a condition where I couldnt discern what to do. The answer is not black and white like what we have in the bible such as do not steal, do not covet bla3.. but the questions are : should I continue applying for PR even though I have been rejected? should I buy a house now when I dont even know whether I will end up staying here or not? Should I take nursing course when it is supposed to be the time for me to take care my family financially? Honestly these days the burden seems more and more real. It is easy to feel good when you listen to sermons that could enlighten you. However, at the end of the day, you will still need to do sth.

I remember when I first returned from Hillsong, I woke up crying because I just still dont know what to do. I have listened to so many revelations but why is it still feel so heavy? There were so many times when I dont feel like praying anymore and that's when my mind starts to condemn me with so many things such as: how do u think God will help u if you stop praying? do u think u are going to get pr if you just sit down and do nothing? bla bla bla... I constantly battling with my mind. 
Honestly up till now it is still happening. However, thanks to Louie Giglio's sermon that whenever the " dark cloud " is visiting me, I can win over it by worshipping the Lord. I find that when my mind was in chaos, I cant pray because my prayer will just end up with empty words, but I can choose to worship Him. whenever I worship the Lord, my worry will go away but when the worshipping time is over, the worries come again. The devil is very cunning because he will start to condemn me of not praying,until I will feel down again. How I hope I can share a bright and victorious story after coming back from Hillsong, but this is the reality that I am facing. will you help me in prayer? 

Today I got these verses that I think is quite liberating for me: 

God's Everlasting Love

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be[i] against us? 32  He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34  Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised— who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.[j] 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written,
“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
    we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8)


The verse that hit me the most is Romans 8 : 32 -> He who did not spare his own Son who gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?
God has given me His only Son, why would he hold the things that I want ? the only reason that I can think of  is that He wants me to learn something, that is to trust Him. 
Often we have idols in our lives that we dont realise. God shows us the idol in our lives by letting us not having what we want, and not because He doesnt want to be happy, but He just want us to know that those things have become an idol for us. It doesnt mean that He doesnt want us to have it, but it could be later when we have already learnt to surrender ourselves to Him and put Him as the centre as our life. I admit that this is also my weakness. Without me realising it, living in a comfy place like Melbourne has become my idol. I didnt realise this until I analyse the response that was in me when I knew that I might not be in Melbourne after all. It scares me, I get very anxious and disturbed. 
Another reason that I learn is that God wants us to know that He is our provider. a lot of times we dont get what we want is because God knows we are depending on ourselves and not on Him, so when we get what we want, the glory doesnt goes to Him. Well, the fact is God likes to show off, if not, why would He creates all the wonderful creatures that we see everyday in our lives? I totally agree when Joseph Prince says  " If God wants the glory, then let Him do the work". The reason why Adam and Eve fell into sin was because they want to show that they do not need God and it is still the same up till now. 
Finally, He wants me to trust Him. do you agree that trust is built? Trust doesnt come straight away when you just know someone but it comes as you start to spend time with the person and get to know him/her. It is the same as trusting God. When we become a believer, we put our faith in Him but a lot of times we are still hugging our trust and not put in to Him. Like the believers, when Jesus showed himself to them, they did not trust Him even though He already told them that He will be risen after 3 days. They only trust Him when He showed them the scars from the suffering He endures. God wants us to learn to trust Him too by putting our burden and problems to Him. Too many times we want His blessings but not to put our trust on Him , but do you know how much He longs to see us trust Him ? Not because He wants us to suffer by not getting what we want, but because He knows that when we dont trust Him, we fall, just like what happened to Eve and Adam. So guys, will u start to see your present burden,  sufferings, trials, hardships and persecutions not as a negative thing but as a season where God wants to shape u to be Christlike? It is your choice to live a liberating life or u want to continue to let your suffering,etc dictate your life. God never changes. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:38).


All glory to Him,
Orange girl
ps: honestly I dont even know how I could come up with the reasons above, it wasnt sth that I knew of before I started writing this post but it just comes naturally when I wrote it. I guess the Spirit is really working in me =) Hallelujahhhh!!

Comments

  1. Will always keep you in prayer, I love you ALOT and most importantly Jesus loves you and He longs for you to walk with Him everyday. YOU ARE A WARRIOR!

    -povertysucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once upon a time, there were two farmers. The first one worked on her field everyday to prepare it for the rain, the other one, waited for the rain. Whenever the rain comes, the first farmer reap a bountiful harvest while the other one didn't. The second farmer always had to ask the first one to share the surplus to cover her lack.

    One day the second farmer asked the first one. "How come your harvest is so plentiful?"

    She was answered, "Go ask the rain dancer." So she went and asked the rain dancer. The rain dancer told her that the rain will come tomorrow and to prepare her field today with all her mind and soul and so she did.

    Indeed, the rain came the next day. After the harvest, she quickly ran back to the rain dancer, asking when the next rain will come. "The rain will come sometime within the next ten days, prepare your field from today, with all your mind and soul." For the next ten days, she prepared her field for rain everyday with all her mind and soul; great anticipation overwhelmed her.

    On the tenth day, the rain poured down. She then went to the rain dancer again to ask. But this time she was answered "The rain will come when the time is right, from today onwards prepare the field with all your mind and soul".

    She went home with disappointment and found the first farmer preparing her field with joy. She asked "tell me when the rain will come so I can prepare my field with joy as I did for the last 11 days".

    The first farmer answered, "I don't know when. I am just joyful knowing that it will surely come; for if I am sure, then what shall I doubt?"

    Confused, the second farmer asked, "But don't you want to know when the rain will come?"

    To this she was replied, "Not any more since I know that I am a farmer, my job is to prepare the field, not to predict the rain. Let the rain come when sky is willing."

    After hearing that, she began to prepare her field, half-heartedly at the beginning. But as she accepted who she is and came to term with what her job is, she slowly began to learn the joy of preparing her field. From then on, whenever she looked up, she felt the joy of having a sure hope upon the sky that the rain will come.

    In the end, she was able to enjoy he waiting. Everyday, she worked her mind and soul with joy and thanksgiving. She enjoyed both her waiting and her life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arian Prabowo,thank u so very much for ur long sharing. That really gives me some encouragement. :)

      Indeed i have been "preparing the field" but i guess i was not having the right attitude while preparing. Im on my way to be the first farmer yet still long way to go. Haha...

      Thanks yahhh

      Delete
    2. dw, I stole it from facing the giants

      Delete
    3. langsung apply preacher school theory, pake story hehehe

      Delete
  3. It is why Jesus so often taught and related to people by telling stories and asking questions,his desires was not just to engage their intellects but to capture their heart. Hehehe...

    Taken from a book im currently reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there sis, you'll make it. We'll be praying for you.

    I'm currently in the middle of putting two devotional posts, one concerning a similar situation like you. At the very least, it could give a fresh perspective on your problem.

    I'm not like Arian, though, who is gifted with the gift of parables. I usually go forward explaining things directly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)