a little bit update from Sydney

It has been a hectic week for me. Mom came on 22nd and attended my graduation on 23rd, dad and bro came on 24th. all of us went to Sydney from 28th till 1st January. Since their coming to Melbourne, my life has been "disturbed". lol. I used to wake up very early and pray and spend time with God, but I can no longer do that because my mom wakes up even earlier than me. lol. most of the time I was too tired because we have been walking around for the whole day and I couldnt make enough effort to wake up earlier than my mom.

As a result, I kinda go away from God. When I pray, my prayer sounds shallow and I no longer have long prayer time. I also do not have enough time to read the Bible. Not that I dont have time but I need total silence in order to have my devotional time. While it's kinda hard for me to have that when my parents are around. However, God is always good, He didnot condemn me but He reminds me through my experiences. one of them was, He showed me His kindness and His faithfulness. I went to Sydney with my family for the first time and I was the tour guide basically. It's quite stressful especially the people there are not as kind as those in Melbourne, plus the transportation system is totally different from that of Melbourne. I was quite stress at the beginning, but then I met a friend of mine (which I am not very close to) there and she helped me through everything. starting from the transportation, accomodation, map, buying food, lending tent, even the itinerary. What's amazing from her is that she really has the heart to help me. I mean, I am not close to her at all, and I met her only a few times for the past 4 years in Melbourne, and we only chatted for a while, yet she helped me without asking any return. I was so touched by her kindness. Even though she is not a Christian, yet she has a heart that loves others like she loves herself. Through this I feel as if God reminds me again : Sheila, even a non-christian can do that, what have you done?
I feel so ashamed yet I am glad that God shows this to me, so I can learn and improve on what I need to improve.
at the same time, I am reminded as well that I need to go back to God, spend my time with Him again. I admit that during my holiday these 2 weeks, I totally lost my patience. I started my day without prayer and ended my day with worries and unhappiness. I realise that really bread alone can not feed us, but God's words is more than enough for us.

All glory to God


Orange girl ^^






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)