Looking back at 2018

The year is about to end and i just want to recap all the good things the Lord has brought into my life this year .

Earlier this year i got married to the man whom i have been praying for. He is far from perfect , in fact our relationship is far from perfect but i am grateful that God answered my prayers for a life partner who continuously seek His will and a man who works hard and loves his family.

Our multiple weddings went smoothly
We had our honeymoon in March then in April we had 2 weddings in one week after another , one in Medan and one in China. Im grateful for my family members who love me so much and prepared all this for me as well as my new acquired family members who treated me like their own. 

This year i have also led a group in BSF, it was a struggle in the beginning of the year with many members dropping out , but thankful that God brought new members and we were able to bond very well. 

In August, we bought a new car and again i just want to thank God for his provision of finance that we are able to pay for our car.

After the wedding, God laid in my heart the desire to pursue further studies. Initially i didnt think that i could apply masters degree straight away because i only have bachelor degree. However, after i gathered some info, i was encouraged by the student advisor to apply.
This master degree is such a great opportunity because :
1.it is government funded, meaning that i save 70k for the whole degree
2. My boss is willing to be my supervisor and she even wrote me a letter to endorse me and helped me find an auxilliary supervisor.
3. Because this project is related to my work, i am able to work fulltime and study part time
4. If i can get into this degree then it will provide me a pathway to postgrad without having to do hons

At that time my great concern was time. I know if i start this degree then i wont have time to serve God at BSF or even able to give 100% to church ministry. However, door after door seems to open and little do i know i got accepted into this course. I took that as a sign that God wanted me to do it.

After i started this degree which was in October, i was struggling so badly. I think i am constantly under stress and didnt even have time to go out. I was so scared of people asking to meet me because that means another night of my week would be taken away while i have so little time already. For eg. Bsf is monday and friday, life group is wednesday every fortnight and church on sunday. Sometimes we also have other things on some other night. Additionally, i can only do 2 hours of study a day because after a long day of work i feel exhausted and reading journals do take up a lot of concentration. I was also very stressed and tensed. This happened for quite sometime because even when i had holiday back home in Nov i didnt feel at ease at all.

I know something has to change. I felt tired and wanted to give up. Finally i came to realisation that i have sacrifice even my time with God and didn't really spend time in prayers.  It is then i made the commitment that no matter what i have to put God first in my life.

I am still struggling. Mainly because i get easily distracted and procrastinate a lot but i thank God for his leading and help.  He has allowed me to meet some very nice people who gave me a lot of guidance. I will continue to pray and please do keep me in prayers as well because it will take 4 years .

All glory to God
Orange girl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)