Group leader ... for the very first time

Today was my first time leading a group in my bible study fellowsip (BSF). I have been trained for 2 months now but it never occurs to me that it was actually not as easy as I thought. Haha.. leading a group is not easy, but I find joy in doing so. I dunno why but Im actually looking forward to it now. Lol. I was so nervous just now , in fact before I went there I actually prayed beforehand. This never occurs to me because usually I am always very confident in this area but I guess I start to realise that I can only lead a group to grow in Christ by depending on Him and not my own. I have experienced how I depend on myself and I failed. and God has been knocking my door to tell me that I have been too proud of myself, and I realise that. Therefore, I force myself to learn to be humble even though my flesh tells otherwise.

Anyway, I had great time. I found that I really like doing it. ;) I didnt think that it was good at all, but thankfully one of the ladies told me that I did it well . Hehe.. definitely im into this ministry. I dont know where God will bring me to in my ministry but I am so looking forward to serve Him. Looking back again, it is such a privilege that I can be involved in this ministry. It is like Ive just been promoted to a higher role at workplace. Sometimes it can be an irony that we actually looking forward to climb up in our career but not so much in our ministry. How many people actually rejected the chance that they have to grow in ministry. Yes, in terms of work in secular world, when we go into another position, there are more benefits too such as more wages, more status and all, but why so many people fail to think that serving the Lord is even much better than that?
There was once i heard someone says when there is greater responsibility, there is also greater reward. We forget that our Father in Heaven loves to reward us. In fact He said that He has already prepared it for us, if only we learn to be obedient. However, dont get me wrong, we dont just take a responsibility simply bcos of a reward. There are also other things that are important.

I really urge whoever that is reading this to stop and pray to Him, where does God want to bring you? Are you willing to take His cross daily? If not, what is stopping you and what will you do to improve your stagnant life?

All glory to Him

Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)

Learning to trust the Lord