No longer a foreigner !

I cant help but smile when I think about this : that I will no longer be queuing at foreigner site when I go through customs at the airport here in Australia.. Whee... what a joy. haha.. Yep, I got my PR, exactly on 26 Oct 2012. It is still so surreal, so fast, and so unbelievable. Few months ago I was still struggling with my unstable emotions thinking about where I will end up but God had truly answered my prayer in the way He want.

I lodged my PR on 23 Sep 2012. Before that, I was struggling to apply PR because there was another obstacle other than my skill assessment, that is Victoria State sponsorship. In order to achieve enough points to apply for PR for life scientist ( the job that was on demand list that I nominated), I had to get extra 5 points from Vic State sponsorship. The problem that I had was that I applied for this sponsorship on April when I applied for my first skill assessment. Ideally, they only gave 3 months time for me to submit the result of my skill assessment. As I have mentioned before, my first skill assessment was rejected. So.. I couldnt submit the needed document. According to the regulation, once I have passed that 3 months, I have to wait for another 6 months to apply for it (that will be March next year). Literally, I was worried again when I heard that because I just got my reassessment approved and now I have to go through another trial. My agent was hoping for luck that I can still apply, while I was hoping for God's miracle to happen. Indeed, it turns out that they still accepted my application, in fact within 1 or 2 weeks after I lodged my PR, they sent an email to DIMIA (Department of Immigration  ) saying that I am eligible for the sponsorship. On the same day too, my application for PR was assigned by a case officer. Now, to be assigned for a case officer in 2 weeks time of application itself is a miracle too. People waited for so many months, even years to get a case officer while mine, 2 weeks? kidding? God isnt. =)

The case officer informed me that I needed to give her my Indonesian Police Check and medical check up results within 28 days. I told her that I needed more time because from my past experience it took more than 1 month for my Indonesian Police Check result to be released. This is another amazing thing, the next day after I got a case officer, I called to Federal Police Office at Docklands to make an appointment to get fingerprint. At that time, there was actually someone who cancelled the appointment, so I can have the appointment on 4 Oct, which is few days after I got case officer ( this is another crazy thing.. my friend told me that she tried to book fingerprint as well, but the earliest was in 2 months time, but look at how early I could get it!). So I did my medical check up on 4th, as well as getting my fingerprint. I then sent all the documents to Indonesian Embassy in Canberra. Guess what... jeng jeng jeng.. I got all my documents back on 19th,with a letter saying that they will not process any application after 10 Oct, they didnt give any reason nor give any date when they will start processing again. I was like #$@#%#$@%$^@!! I sent on 4th, how could it reached there on the 10th? and why they stop processing exactly on the 10th, and why the letter just reached me on 19th. I really ran out of time. I was scared to ask for extension from the case officer again. And the letter also said that I need to apply in person in Jakarta. what?!! meaning I should fly there just for an application. I started to be panicked. But then at that moment, suddenly I realised about how faithful God has been to me, and how He has led me through it all, so I have faith that everything is going to be alright.

I called my mom straight away and asked her to help me find out how I can apply in Medan. Apparently we found out that we can apply there, and it only took 3 days, but have to pay. Too good to be true huh? I was sceptical at first, but then really, it took 3 days, I applied 22st and I got it on 25th. I was not sure though if that will be the right file but I just submit it to the case officer on 26th. Right away I got my PR. RIGHT AWAY ON THE SAME DAY!! Can u see how God intervene in all this? Human can only plan but God's will prevail. I can only plan to apply through Canberra, yet God brought me to another path according to His will. Why would He do so? because He knows the desire of my heart. He knows that mom will come on november to get a house and I need to be PR before that so that all the process of getting a house will be easier for me.

I keep on asking God the night I got PR, why God? Why do u give it to me? What have I done to cause You to pour out Your favor on me? I have disappointed God so many times, sin against Him, even in the last few days before I got PR, yet why?
Today, God answered my prayer through Ko Iwan's sermon. The answer is that , because that is God's character. That is who He is. Simply because it is Him. He loves to give His children promises and fulfill them despite who they are. That is why Bible is full of promises to bless us and command to keep us save and enjoy the abundance life. God doesnt give promises to David because he is righteous,  similarly, He doesnt make promises to Jeremiah because he is perfect, but simply because He is God and that is His hobby.  The bible can tell us that God is generous, God is merciful, God is faithful, but that is not enough. We need to experience and taste His goodness to fully understand who He is. It is the same as someone telling me about US president, yes.. I will know about his story and all that, but does that mean that I have a personal relationship with him? no. In fact, I barely know him.That's why God longs to have a personal relationship with us so that we too can know who He really is.



Jesus You are awesome,


Orange girl ^^

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)