" God remembered Noah " - Gen 8:1

Last monday in BSF we learnt about Noah and the flood. I got so much out of it but today I really want to share about this specific verse " God remembered Noah " - Gen 8:1. One of the questions in the homework was what does it mean that God remembered Noah? Well, at first I didnt have the answer to that. I was thinking to myself, does that mean that God ever forget about Noah? that is so mean haha but that was what my initial perception until God gave me a revelation

God remembered Noah means that He takes care of him, He loves and He provides for him. God reminds me that He is not like human where we forgets alot. We forget to pray for others even though 2 hrs before that we just promise to pray for them. We forget to thank God when we safely reach our destination. We forget to do this and that. Basically, we are very forgetful. The only thing that God forgets is our sins when Jesus died on the cross for us.

God also tells me that just as He never forgets Noah, He also never forgets about me. I experienced what the real meaning is about God remembered me today.

Yesterday, I was quite stressed. I had to deal with a nagging workmate. My car had to be serviced and it costed way too much than what I had expected. plus my exhousemate was giving me a hard time. I was exhausted, esp financially. Mortgaging a house isnt easy at all. To be honest, my bank account is deficit at the moment and i have to keep asking my mom to help me. I dont like that bcos i want to be independent, my parents have paid so much for me and i dont want to be a burden for them anymore. Since my third year of uni, after my course fee has been paid off, i never asked any fund anymore up till now. Thts why i grief, i was sad and i was disappointed with myself.

Then this morning a friend of mine, Initial R, she sent me a verse Hebrews 13:5 NLT

For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”  

And she asked me " Sheila, what can i do for u?"

I was shocked cos it was so random
Then i asked why did she asked that

She said she was praying for me esp in finance and she got that verse

even before she told me the reason, looking at that verse I knew God was talking to me
And plus she said that,my heart literally melted.

i told her what happened to me and she said that actually few days ago God moved her to give me some cash, and she really wanted to transfer some cash to me
But i told her not to do so..im already thankful enuf to have her pray for me and have the heart to help me. Plus i told her i still hv my parents to support me. I am really blessed to have this sister.

Then today, I missed a call from my teaching leader from BSF. She left a message and told me to call her back bcos she wanted to give me some feedback about how I led the group on Monday. I was so nervous. I was pretty sure that I will get heaps of critics because I didnt think I do well in this. My group was quite "dead" and no matter how much I pray for the girls,the improvement was just so slow.
To my amazement, it was completely the other way round. She told me that I had a tough group. She said I did well, even though it was tough, i remained relax and keep on smiling and encouraged the girls to participate. She said there is nothing to be blamed on me that the group was so "dead". And again, my burden ,worry, self-condemnation was all lifted up because of what she told me. All this while I hve been blaming myself for not trying hard enuf, for not praying hard enuf, for not making the time to catch up with all the girls. But after hearing this, it is as if God is telling me, its okay, uve done ur best, it is not ur fault. Whats even more amazing was that she told me another truth. On that day, she actually spoke with one of my group members. This particular group member is in the age group that is dfferent from the rest so the teaching leader was asking how she is doing because it may be hard for her to mingle in a younger group. She said she did pray about it whether as to move on or not. But one major reason that she hasnot moved yet was me. She saw that i was so enthusiastic and cheerful in leading the group. That moves her heart. I never see myself that way.. i never even thought that i can make difference in someone else's walk with God. Im not saying that im good, no, im far from it.. im sharing this not to show myself off.. im sharing this because I know that God remembers me and sees me. Even if i dont see it that way but He does and nothing else matters.

Hope this little sharing may brighten up ur day. No matter what u r doing now for God, whether it is big or small, God remembers u and He is there with u. He is trully a living God. Just when i thought that life is so hard, He reminds me again no matter how hard it is, He remembers me. That alone is far more precious than anything else in the world. Imagine being remembered by the king of kings and the Lord of Lords. Arent you flattered?

All glory to Him
Orange girl :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)