Pray, wait and have faith

Pray, wait and have faith has been the theme of my life for this year. I do not realise it at first but slowly through sermons, bible study and my own devotion and quiet time i come to a conclusion that that is what God wants me to learn.

When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, saying, "I will surely bless you and give you many descendants." And so after waiting patiently[note this!! Highlight!!], Abraham received what was promised. (Hebrews 6:13-15 NIV)

I think we all are quite familiar with this story where Abraham was given a promise by God that he will have descendants. What was my perception before about God is that when God promises sth or when He says sth, i assumed that The thing will happen straight after that, or well.. Maybe a few days later or sth like that, u know... But after reading that verse, God's revelation was revealed. Notice the word Abraham waited patiently. In fact He had to wait for 25 years for that promise to be fulfilled. Do u think it's easy? I can hardly see that it's eay, even for myself, waiting for a day or a month has been as hard as hell, especially now we live in the age where everything is fast, instant and quick. When i pray for sth, unknowingly i expect that will happen SOON. To wait is one of the hardest things to do in my walk with God. And Abraham had to wait for 25 yearsss!!! Imagine that!! Let's think, what allow him to wait? I can only think of faith. I believe that it is his faith that allows him to keep moving on, keep on hoping even when circumstances look barren, een when everyone says that it's impossible.

Recently i almost give up on praying for my career path in nursing, not that im lazy to pray for it already but things just get harder and the likelihood of me getting back into studies seems so thin. Firstly, my family never allows me to study, on top of that, they are blaming christianity for my decision to study nursing, which makes me feel even more terrible. Secondly, i have no money, literally no money to support myself to study nursing. Well maybe i can pay off if i am a pr now but if i have to pay fullfee i really cant afford it. Thirdly, my brother is coming next year to study which means that i need to move out because i can fit him
In my current apartment. There will be 3 of us and i'll have to buy an apartment. If i study nursing, mortgage is impossible. My dream since i was little is always not to be a burden for my family that is why i have this mindset that i wanna get a place to stay by my own money. All these problems really discourage me to persist on my dream to be a nurse.

Yesterday i went to my bible study as usual. At the end of our discussion session, a girl sitting next to me called Grace asked me about my prayer. Every week the leader will ask us what prayer request we have and i told my leader about this nursing problem and then we are to pray for everyone's prayer requests so Grace knows about it. She asked me : why are u still praying for it? Why dont you just go for it? You like nursing rite?
Hell yeahhh!! Of cos, that is my dream. then i told her about the rejections from my family and about my brother's arrival next year. The next few questions are the questions that really open my eyes to knowing what God 's direction. She asks : do you believe that God can change your parents' mind? Do you believe that God takes care of ur brothers and sister? Do you know why you like nursing and i dont? When i answered those question, i almost cried out. The most striking question is when she said, do you believe that there's a reason why u were involved in fundraising? Our ministry is not separated from our lives. Ministry can be a training ground for us to face what we need to face in our everyday life. She said : you can already see how God provides throughyou for your church, then what else do you have to worry about? Honestly.. If i was not at the lecture theatre, tears would have welled up on my eyes, the peace and understanding from God trully calms me!!

God, i really really really thank u that dont give up on me even though me myself almost give up on my desire. Thank u for giving me the desire of my heart. Thank u for listening and answering my prayer. Thank u for being patient to me. Thank u for ur unfailing love and ur faithfulness. Thank u for all ur promises. Thank u for the wonderful relationship that i can have with u through Christ. (The u is supposed to be You, haha.. forgive me cos it is easier to type u).

all glory to Him
Orange Girl (*^﹏^*)

Ps . This is the entry that I am supposed to publish on May . I just found out that I havent posted it  haha. Sorry if it gives you confusion with my previous entry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)