Faith

Hebrews 11: 8-9
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God


Hebrews 11: 13-16
All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. 14People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.


Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 


The devotional today that I had was really inspiring, looking back is something that I have been doing. Now look at what Abraham did, God asked him to go to a city, where he has no idea how it looks like, what it has and what he's going to do there. God just asked him to go, and he did. Imagine this, God asked me to go back to Africa, for example, I can easily find out about what Africa is like by google-ing. However, there was no google, map or whatsoever during Abraham time. It is also essential to note that he was living a good life in his place, and suddenly he has to leave everything for something that he didnt have any clue about. That is a BIG faith. 


I am sure that during his time in the new city, he must have encountered a lot of probs : say for example, (as we relate it to our life now on earth), difficulties in finding jobs,making friends, language and culture probs and so on. But note what Hebrews 11:14-16 says, in simple words it says : they did not look back. A lot of us when God wants us to do something, we will obey Him initially, but when problems come, and our past looked better than what we are experiencing now, we tend to look back and long for the past. I found that even me myself do that a lot of times without realising it. For example : i long for junior high school moments with my friends, i long for all the beautiful memories with my ex, i long for times during college, etc, etc. But look, what can my past do to me? It just shows how I dont trust God with my future. How can I have a better future if I keep looking back? I should do what Hebrews 11 : 16 says Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one.
If I reword it, I should say : Instead, I should long for a better future that God holds in his hands, a future that leads me to live in a heavenly way. 






all glory to God,
Orange Girl ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)