More of God and less of me -2015

Before i enter 2015 ,i have been asking myself and God. What am i lacking of ? What do i want to change in me in this new year ? What does God want in me? How can i improve myself to be more like Him? 

It has always been on my foremind until today i finally received a revelation from God that is : more of Him and less of me

Looking back to mid 2013 to end of 2014 i realise my main concern in my life has been all about me : my visa, my house, my job, etc. And i realise the more i look to fulfill my own needs the more i am not satisfied and contented. The more i feel i am lacking here and there and it is never ending. Up till yesterday when i went for running and spent some quiet time with God , God told me i need to strip off myself and focus on Him and His kingdom . He reminded me again whom He called blessed :

Matius 5:3-11 NIV

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  
  Blessed are those who mourn,    for they will be comforted.    
Blessed are the meek,    for they will inherit the earth.    
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,    for they will be filled.     Blessed are the merciful,    for they will be shown mercy.    
Blessed are the pure in heart,    for they will see God. 
   Blessed are the peacemakers,    for they will be called children of God. 
   Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.    
“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

It is not :
U are blessed when u got a new car or a new house or a great partner or bonuses or promotion.

And i realised the things that i called i was blessed was actually my own definition of blessings. Dont get me wrong, it doesnt mean that i am not blessed when i received all the good things . However ,God's children are blessed beyond those definitions. The good things like jobs, house, relationships, promotion etc , those are all the things that God like to give to human regardless of whether they are Christians or not.  But as Christians, we have the privilege to be called blessed when we are in those states from the verses above.

Therefore now i understand why i hardly feel contented and satisfied in my life because the way i think is not different from the way of the world.
God also told me that i have been blessed. All that i have is actually more than enough for me. Which is true.

Then i remembered Paul once said

Philippians 4:12 NIV

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

And that is what God wants me to be at this year. To be able to say exactly like what Paul said.
It is not easy to do that ( especially for me ) because i need to be constantly aware of my thoughts, be aware of what i think im needing, count my blessings, and remember to set my priorities aside but put God first in my life. And even worse sometimes i do realise all those but dont have the persistence to be obedient so it only becomes a theory.

I realise i wont be able to do this all by myself because there are so many temptations and human flesh is weak. Therefore im going to learn to depend on God, be conscious of Him and His desire in my life and learn to obey step by step even thou i know i will fail many many times i will learn to come back to Him and start again.  What is your new year resolution?

Whatever we decide to change this year, let us always remember that it is a journey .. if you fail last year, take heart, dont give up because God never gives up on you and keep going. After all God has set the race and the path for each and every individuals.

All glory to Jesus

Orange girl ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)