Blessing in disguise

Obviously moving on is not easy for anyone , especially myself as i have past history. However i would say this time i find that instead of feeling miserable, i was actually very blessed.

For the whole last week, on 3 different occasions God spoke to me thru these verses :

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 NIV

And He also gave me another verse

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.  I will build you up again, and you, Virgin Israel, will be rebuilt. Again you will take up your timbrels and go out to dance with the joyful.
Jeremiah : 31: 3-4

Unlike last broke up where i chose to isolate myself and keep everything on my own, this time i chose to share it with the loved ones. I dare myself to be vulnerable  and let them see my weakness and i received so much love from them
2 of my cell grp members brought me out and shout me dinner.
My best friends have been texting me ever since,supporting me in prayers and just be there for me.
Another good friend from bible study gave me a bouquet of flowers and some chocolate to cheer me up.
A salvation army lady called me to ask me to join workshop on hearing God's voice - which i believe is part of God's calling saying that He still want to use me and thus lets move on with life cos theres more to do
Then another friend from bible study sent me fb message to show her care and just trusting her story to me which was very personal yet very encouraging for me.
Few other bible study friends just showed their care to me by texting me even without me telling them what has happened.
Whats even more amazing was that as yesterday i went to visit my old bible study class and met a few ladies whom i havent seen for a long time.. they started to open to me the moment i told them what happened to me recently. God actually used my story to strengthen them and i realise that they have similar struggles as mine.
That made me realise that i am not alone in this and this is all part of God's plan. If my pain could help encourage them, i think it is all worth it. If what i went thru may give them new perspective about what they are facing, i feel very blessed to be able to bless others.

Ive been thinking.. how long more do i have to wait after this? Especially after all the hope that i thought i had.. how long do i have to endure and be patient?
God answered my prayer and said : His arms are not too short for me, why should i woŕry? In fact i have the rest of my life to meet the person who would be my life partner, His timing isnot my timing. He can meet my need and if He hasnt given it to me then that means i dont need it yet.

Single ladies out there... ! I hear you.. i know it is not easy.. there has been countless lonely nights.. there has been countless cries and unending waiting.. i dont have the right answer for you as of what you need to do. All i can say is singleness is a gift ( thou u might not see it this way right now ), so use your time wisely, serve God as much as you can - whether it is to be involved more at church or in the community, or to spend more time with your family and friends and to encourage them, reading books, learn how to manage your finance and household tasks, or even read books. There are plenty of things you can do as you wait and even if the waiting seems forever, dont lose hope.. because God hasnt given up on you.

Lift your eyes upon Jesus and He will quench your thirst.
Let Jesus be your sole motivation for all that you do. Dont stop praising Him so that He can release full blessing upon you.

I also want to share one hymn that has kept me going lately :

Because He lives.. i can face tomorrow
Because He lives.. my fear is gone
Because I know.. He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives

God has bought you with Jesus' precious blood so remember you are very precious. Dont settle for less.

All glory to God
Orange girl ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)