I love you Daddy

It's been a looooooooonnnnggggg time since I last updated my blog, well, not really, at least that's what I felt. Life hasnot been beautiful here. Holiday in Indonesia has made me gone away from God and I am glad that I am now back on track. Things happen during my holiday which I cant shared here, even though yes I am not totally enjoying my holiday, but I had a good time with my family.

One thing that I realise is that because I am so used to living by myself in Melbourne( well, I have my sister here as well though), I am not used to having my  parents and aunties around me. I get angry easily because of their complains and nags. I know it's bad, it's even worse that I realise it after I have gone back to Melbourne. This is the current area that I need to work on, my patience.

At the same time, I have been so thankful to God that even though I have ignored Him for the past 1.5 months, He is still faithful when I look for Him again. He is always there for me and the peace that comes from God can never be replaced by anything in the world.

I just want to share a little bit about my experience with God lately. So.. we have cell group for core team members from each different bible study group. It runs on every tuesday. It was exactly on last tuesday that I realise about the goodness of my earthly father and Father in heaven. All the memories suddenly just flooded my mind. Let me share with you how lucky I am to have fathers like them.

First, my earthly daddy..I really would like to thank you Daddy for all the sacrifice that you have done for me.
When I was a kid, we used to sleep together with mom, dad and siblings. In Indonesia, we have to always shut our room door so that there's no mosquitoes at night. well, sometimes the mosquitoes are smart enough to sneak into my room. As the result, my legs were bit by the mosquitoes and I cant sleep. I would wake my dad up ( and not my mom cos she'll say : ask ur dad), then my dad will turn on the lights and will not sleep till he killed the mosquitoes.

My dad will be so angry when he knows that instead of waiting for him to pick me up at school, i took public transport home. I remember that he scolded me so badly when I was 12. He did that to my lil brother as well. When I have gone into my teenage years, I always went out on sundays with my friends. My dad will pick me up and drive me wherever I ask him to,what's even more is he even send my friends home ( their dad cant even be bothered to pick them up). Never did my dad complain to me, even though smtimes when I called him to pick me up, he was in the middle of his dream. lol.

Then when I first started learn how to drive (17 years old), I remembered there were a few times where I drove into other people's car. If I have to deal with that myself, I would be very panicked. However, I know that I can always rely on my dad, he will always come whenever I call him to help me even though sometimes that could be my fault. He would come and talked to the person who owns the car. He will bring my car for service, he will clean my car every week and even put a few dollars in my car so that I can pay the parking fee. He provided me with everything that I need even before I asked for it.

There are so much more stories to tell about my daddy. When I wrote this, I just realise about how much my dad loves me even though he never shows it to me with words. At the same time, it made me realise as well, if my worldly dad can do all these, what's even more with our heavenly Father? I really cant imagine. I dont deserve all the stuff that my dad did to me. I havent really done anything for him yet he does all these without retaliating. through all these, I understand what grace means and also let me be able to comprehend God's love that is full of grace and mercy. I hope through this small story that I shared, you will also be able to understand the love that God has for us. maybe i know not all of us have wonderful dad as mine, but I hope you can look at my story and feel the way I feel and start to picture ourselves as God's beloved children. Of cos we need to also realise that we should not take our dad for granted after all he has done for us. same as our attitude to our heavenly Father, now we have reasons to always give thanks.


All glory to God

Be blessed

Orange Girl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)