Let go, Let God

I cant stop blogging.. cos u know what? God keeps on blessing me and I just cant not write it down and remember it for my whole life. lol

and the blessing iss..... again He reminds me about His purpose in my life
I always wake up around 4am in the morning, cos I need to go to toilet *oops*, drink too much.lol
then everytime after toilet, i will check my phone for any msgs

This morning, as usual when i woke up, i received an email from Tina (one of the youth leader), she sent an email with subject "learn to let go". I was intrique to read (although the email was super long).

So it said this:
one day there is one old man who is about to hop on to the bus, when he just stepped on the bus, one of his shoes dropped off and fell to the road. then the door closed, and the bus started to depart, so he couldnt get his shoe. the old man did not feel anxious, but what he then did was putting off his other shoe and threw it from the window.
a young man who was in the bus saw it and asked him "I noticed what you did, sir. why did you throw the other shoe too?" the old man answered " it's because whoever get the shoes, they can use it".

The old man understand the basic philosophy of life : do not retain the things that we want  just because we want it or we do not want other people to have it.

We lost a lot of things in our life. the lost seems to be not fair in the beginning, but it actually happens so that there is a positive change in our life. the above sentence also means that we may not only lose bad things, but sometimes, we may lose good things too.

all of these happen so that:
we can grow mature emotionally and spiritually, swapping between losing something and obtaining other thing has to happen.

Like what the old man in the story, we have to learn to let go. God has decided that that is the right time for the old man to lose his shoes. maybe that incident happened so that he can then get a better shoes. one shoe has gone, and the other shoe wont do anything good to him. by throwing it over the window, the shoes will be a present for those who need them.

Hardening our hard and striving to retain it will not make us or the world become better. We have to decide when one thing, one condition or one new person enter our life or when it's better to be with other person.
By the time, we have to gather our energy to let it go because there is no neverending storm. No party that never ends. Everything in the world is not permanent.

The above sharing has just opened my mind and heart about what God wants me to know. It is not the first time that He reminded me to let go. It is just my ego that keeps telling me to retain and retain. I believe that it is not by coincidence that I received this email during this time. I believe that it is God who cares so much for me that He wants me to stop striving for myself. He wants to point out clearly to me and it's my time to let go, cos He has something better in store for me.

After reading this email, I felt much better, at least I can be more alert to what happens around me rather than just emo-ing and focusing on myself. Maybe I havent let go 100% but I am sure that with God everything is possible.

If you face the same problem as me, believe me, it is not by coincidence that you read this blog, God wants to tell you something. Pray and seek, and you will find it.

God bless ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)