why I need to be thankful

yes, like what the title says : Why I need to be thankful, I guess this is what I need to think more often in my life.  A while ago, I chatted with my friend, asking him what I need to do because I feel that I am caught in the past. I cant move on, I cant let go of my past. It keeps on haunting me, my heart keeps on asking me to wish that I could go back to the time where I can be with him again, where I can create more sweet memories together. At the same time, I know that God is telling me that I need to let go, I cant live like this, I cant dwell on the past. Well, as the result, I felt very frustrated, not knowing if I can get out of this circle.

He told me to pray. I said "but I have", and he said "more and more, everytime when you think about him, ask God to help you, pray". Again, I told him that I have prayed till I have run out of words. He asked me " do you know how to pray in tongue? " and yes, I know, but, I cant always do that. I tried, but it just doesnt come out. I only can do it when the atmosphere is right, and it's usually in church. He said that when we pray, it should not be when we are feeling right, but we have to force ourselves to pray and worship Him in ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. In the end, he gave me a very good advice, which is to be thankful. lots of times we feel that we have run out of words that we can pray to God, but actually if we look around, there are plenty of things that we can always be thankful for. Thus, I want to tell God :

Thank you that You have provided me shelter and good food
Thank you that when I am down, You lift me up and You provide me with friends who are supportive
Thank you that Your help is always on time
Thank you for listening to my prayers and answering them
Thank you that You have given me the chance to pursue my studies in Melbourne Univ
Thank you that You have given me a job with good boss and colleagues
Thank you that when I am down, I can always come to You and You share my burden with me
Thank you for my family
Thank you for the church and pastor
Thank you for forgiving me
Thank you for being patient towards me
Thank you that You gave me the chance to know You
Thank you ministry that you have held me accountable for
Thank you for Your love and Holy Spirit
Thank you that You have sent Jesus to died for me
Thank you that You have kept me safe
Thank you for the bright and nice day

Just thinking about what I am thankful for has made me overwhelmed and forget about my problem. I should not merely think about my own problems but to feel satisfy with the things that happen in my life and remember that all things happen for the good of us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)

Learning to trust the Lord