A reminder from God

it is just amazing to see how God works in my life. Again, God has made it so clearly whenever He wants to show to me that it is from Him. Remember I told earlier that God told me to approach my family and share with them about my experience? I have to admit that I havent done that. This is merely because my family has been so conservative that I do not know how to initiate and talk to them like friends or talk heart to heart. Moreover, I can imagine that it must be so AWKWARD to say 'i love you' or hug them. I know that I should improve on this, it's just that I dunno how to start. the first step is always hard. I prayed for it before, asking God about what I should do. But really what I am doing is I really focus more on my friends, cell group people rather than my own family (which is bad, I know).

So.. again, yesterday's night cell group topic is about family. When Rosemary was sharing it to the group, I did not feel anything, I did not feel that God is talking to me ( It may be also because I did not really pay attention). But when we splitted into groups, when I shared about my family, then I got feedback from the friends in my group, that's when I realise it is God who's talking to me through them about how I should approach my family. Fenessa said that we can approach our family during dinner time, when we are sitting on the table, we can try to share to them about our problems in life. Or maybe once in a while, I can ask my mom, just the 2 of us to go out for dinner and slowly we can share about anything in life. this is really a good idea that never crosses in my mind. I also have troubles finding topic to talk with my dad and Fenessa told me that I can start to ask him about his business, his work, or anything about his hobbies even though I dont really like to know. I realise I havent gone extra mile to reach out to my family. I am glad that not only God asked me to approach them, but He actually provides me the ways or solutions.

And what's even more is, God reminds me through my daily devotion, the book that I am reading is
A young woman after God's own heart. for these 2 days, the topic has been about loving our family. I just feel that all of these are not coincidence, God must have planned it and He insisted it that I should start to act on it, not just reading about loving family through daily devotion, or listening to the prophet telling me to approach my family or not just listening to Fenessa's ideas but not doing anything.

I thank God again for His kindness , love and reminder.

He is always GOOD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSF Homiletics

Learning to trust the Lord

Faithfully (lyrics by Eric and Leslie Ludy)